The University of Lagos through its management has denied awarding an honorary doctorate degree on Emeka Okonkwo aka E-Money.
Over the past weekend, the chairman of the Five Star Group celebrated being awarded an honorary PhD in Business Management and Corporate Governance from the University of Lagos. E-Money in a post on Instagram shared photos with Dr Obafemi Hamzat whose father was also conferred with the honor during it 50th Convocation ceremony.
In an official press release, Unilag denied conferring the businessman and socialite the award. The letter also revealed five Nigerians who were conferred with an honorary award.
Read through the disclaimer below.
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
The University of Lagos, #UnilagNigeria , on Thursday, April 4, 2019, at its 50th (2018) Convocation Ceremonies (Day 3), conferred Distinguished & Emeritus Professorship and Honorary Doctorate Degrees on the following eminent personalities:
1. Prof. James Dele Olowokudejo, a Professor of Plant Taxonomy, – Distinguished Professorship award.
2. Prof. Sulaiman A. Adekola of the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering – Emeritus Professorship award
3. Alhaji Lateef Olufemi Okunnu, a foremost Lawyer & a former Federal Commissioner for Works & Housing- Honorary Doctorate Degree (Honoris Causa) of the University.
4. Dr. Daniel K. Olukoya, founder of Mountain of Fire Miracles Ministries and a Molecular Geneticist – Honorary Doctorate Degree (Honoris Causa) of the University.
5. Mr. Jim Ovia, founder and Chairman of ZenithBank – Honourary Doctorate Degree (Honoris Causa) of the University of Lagos.